- Master plan for logistics in the Northern Economic Corridor
Management Innovations is conducting a market and value chain survey under a sub-contract with Nippon Koei Ltd. The survey aims at three main objectives;
- Providing concrete information on the types of export commodities with high potential for contributing to economic development of the areas along the Northern Economic Corridor
- Estimating the size of export markets of selected commodities produced in Uganda
- identifying critical issues regarding soft and hard logistics infrastructure for the development of value chains along the Northern Economic Corridor.
- Bank of Africa Uganda Ltd in partnership with German Development Service engaged Management Innovations to implement a 9-month mentoring program aimed at piloting an innovative credit access program in West Nile and Northern Uganda regions. 17 pilot SMEs were mentored in preparing & maintaining business records, banking regularly, strengthening entrepreneurial behavior and how to prepare loan applications. As a result, 14 SMEs realized significant increase in profits and 5 SMEs whose applications had previously been turned down by the bank were able to access loans.
- The International Labor Organization Start and Improve Your Business (SIYB) program engaged Management Innovations to facilitate SIYB stakeholders in Uganda to develop a strategic business plan that would guide the set-up and operations of a viable SIYB Uganda enterprise when direct subsidies for SIYB ceased.
- Management Innovations provided one of the six regional consultants who designed and delivered an Institutional Capacity Building in Export Development program for Officers of Uganda Export Promotion Board (UEPB), funded by the Centre for Promotion of Imports from Developing Countries (CBI).
- The USA-based Women’s Microfinance Initiative engaged Management Innovations to build the organizational capacity of beneficiary NGOs in Eastern Uganda and Western Kenya by identifying ways of improving the delivery and recovery of micro credit; improving CBO governance; and installing credit delivery and loan recovery tools based on a model developed by World Bank Institute.